1. Apple is a D word.
A. five-letter B. five-letters C. fives-letters D. five letters （D）
2. All the A in the hospital got a rise（上升） yesterday.
A. women doctors B. woman doctors C. women doctor D. woman doctor （A）
3. After ten years, all those youngsters became D .
A. growns-up B. growns-up C. grown-up D. grown-ups （D）
4. The police investigated（调查） the about the bank robbery.（抢劫）
A. stander-by B. standers-by（旁观者） C. stander-bys D. standers-by （B）
5. She used to have three C .
A. boys friends B. boys friend C. boy friends D. boy friend （C）
※ 有“-”连字符的，在其名词部分后加S ，如 five-letters ,standers-by ,lookers-on ; 无名词部分的 , 在复合词后如S ，如 grown-ups ,sit-ins ;
※ 由man或woman作为第一部分的复合名词表职位时，均用复数，如men doctors ,women writers ;
※ 由boy或girl 作为第一部分的复合名词，要在最后词后加-S，如boy friends , girl friends ;
6. The committee委员会 B been arguing about the economic problems among themselves for many hours.
A. have B. has C. could have D. can have （A）
32.集体名词被看作若干个体时，具有复数概念；被看作一个整体时，具有单数概念。这类词有：family ,government ,class , surrounding环境 , committee ,club , company ;
7. Seventy percent A illiterate in that area.
A. is B. are C. is to be D. can have （B）
8. His trousers C in his suitcase.
A. is always kept B. are kept always C. are always kept D. have always been （C）
具有“成双”含义的词，如服装类、工具类的词：trousers. glasses . scissors（剪刀），系动词用复数。
9. The young couple bought A for their living room.
A. some new furniture B. some new furnitures
C. many new furniture D. many new furnitures （A）
Furniture 家具，不可数名词。Many 修饰可数，much 修饰不可数，some ,any 都可修饰，但any用在疑问和否定句中. a few 修饰可数，肯定含义；a little 修饰不可数，否定义。
10. Mathematics A easy to learn.
A. is B. are C. can D. feels （A）
学科类的词，如maths , economics , politics , electronics ,mechanics（力学）等，含有复数概念。
11.The surroundings of his office building---C--- far from clean.
A. are B. is C. has been D. do （A）
12. The doctor checked up both Wang’s B hearts.
A. father-in-law’s and his brother-in-law’s B. father’s-in-law and his brother’s-in-law
C. father-in-law and his brother-in-law D. father-in-laws’ and his brother-in-laws’ （A）
13. I had my hair cut at the C around the corner.
A. barber B. barbers C. barber’s D. barbers’ （C）
`s后的名词如指商店、家宅时，名词可省略，如上：在理发店；at the doctor’s :在诊所；
14. The woman over there is B .
A. Julia and Mary mother B. Julia and Mary’s mother
C. Julia’s and Mary’s mother D. Julia’s and Mary mother （B）
表示各自的所有关系时，名词末尾均须加 `s , 如A`s and B`s bedrooms ; 表示他们共同的关系时，仅在最后一词尾加`s , 如上；
15. Only last month I called at A .
A. my uncle B. my uncle’s C. my uncles D. mine uncle （B）
16. The students must finish the test in .
A. three quarters of an hour time B. three quarter’s of an hour time
C. three quarters of an hour’s time D. three quarters’ of an hour’s time （C）
of＋`s 的复合结构，又如：a friend of my brother`s 我兄弟的一个朋友。
17. His article is better than in the class.
A. anyone’s else B. anyone else C. anyone’s else’s D. anyone else’s （D）
18. He is very tired. He needs .
A. a night rest B. rest of a night C. a rest night D. a night’s rest （D）
’s属格和of属格用法的区别：’s 表有生命的，也表时间（如上）、自然现象（如第19题）、度量衡、国家、城市；用of 表示无生命的，抽象的，或修饰语较多的；
19. is covered with heavy snow.
A. The earth’s surface B. The surface of earth
C. The surface earth D. The earth surface （A）
20. This question is too difficult, and everyone is to solve it.
A. at his wits’ end B. at one’s wits end
C. in his wits’ end D. out of his wits end （A）
固定词组，必须用 ’s 。 如第20题：不知所措，又如：in one’s mind’s eye 在某人的心目中
1. He keeps all his documents in a box.
A. strong, black, metal金属制品 B. metal, strong, black
C. strong, metal, black D. black, strong, metal （A）
2. The balloon is .
A. belled-shape B. bell-shape C. bell shaped D. belled-shaped （C）
名词+ed ：形容词化。又如：3 legged table 三条腿的桌子
3. Besides being expensive, the food in the cafeteria tastes .
A badly B. too badly C. too much bad D. bad （D）
感官动词如feel、 smell 、sound、taste +形容词：听起来。。。
属“主语+半系动词+表语”结构，这类词还有：keep , rest , remain , stay , lie , stand ; seem , appear , look ; become , grow , turn , fall , get , go , come , run ; prove , turn out 等；
4. The film made us laugh but it was not really to watch.
A. excitement B. excited C. excitable D. exciting （D）
由分词作形容词时，现在分词表示主动或正进行中，如interesting , exciting ,flying leaves(飘舞的叶子）。过去分词表被动或已完成，如tired , flown leaves(遍地落叶)。
5. His speech soon made us feel .
A. bore B. bored C. boring D. bore some （B）
bored a. 感到厌倦的；
6. I don’t know whether he is still in collecting coins. He used to be, but that was several years ago.
A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. disinterested （A）
人+be interested in (to do) 对。。。感兴趣； It is interesting that or to do…做。。。是有趣的；
7. Would you be do me a favour , please?
A. kind enough B. kind as to C. as kind to D. so kind as to （D）
so…as to = so…that be kind of… do sb. a favour
8. He will not be ……. to vote in this year’s election.
A. old enough B. as old enough C. enough old D. enough old as （A）
be…(a.) enough to do… 足够…来做… enough要放在形容词后
9. It’s never .
A. late enough to learn B. not late enough to learn
C. too late to learn D. no late as not learn （C）
too…(a.) to do…句型
10. It’s you back.
A. delightful to see B. too delightful to see
C. delightful of D. so delightful that have （A）
It is…(a.) that… 形式主语
11. The noise outside was . so…(a.) that…句型
A. too irritating
B. so irritating so his speech was hardly audible
C. so irritating that his speech was hardly audible
D. so irritating enough that his speech was hardly audible （C）
12. Is shopping here very expensive? Yes, the price run fifty dollars.
A. so high to B. as high to C. so high as D. as high as （D）
as…as… 象。。。一样 同级比较
13. Are you going to the football game? No, the tickets are for.
A. terrible expensive B. so much expensive
C. far too expensive D. highly expensive （C）
14. I should say Henry is not much a writer as a reporter.
A. that B. so C. this D. that （B）
be not so…as… 与其说。。。还不如说。。。
15. I won’t pay $20 for the coat; it’s not worth .
A. all that much B. that much all C. that all much D. much all that （A）
all要放在前面。Be worth…值。。。 be worth doing 值得做。。。be worthy of…值得。。。的
16. He had on the subject.
A. a rather strong opinion B. rather strong opinion
B. rather the strong opinion D. the rather strong opinion （A）
17. He knows little of mathematics, and of chemistry.
A. even more B. still less C. no less D. still more （B）
still less 更少 little的比较级 less，最高级least
18. A fter having gone far, Tom did not want to turn back.
A. enough B. much C. such D. that （D）
enough不能置前 that =so 那么
19. That heart is intelligent that the stomach, for they are both controlled by the brain.
A. not so B. not much C. much more D. no more （D）
no more 不再。。。 no more…than… 与其说。。。毋宁说。。。
20. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often of better than an actual performance.
A. as good as B. as good C. good D. good as （A）
as good as 同级比较； be better than不同级比较
1. This watch is not worthy the gold belt.
A. in B. at C. of D. with （C）
be worthy of… belt 表带2. Mother will be much pleased your new discovery in astronomical science.
A. of B. in C. with D. on （C）
be pleased with…3. John must have been dissatisfied his achievement in computer science for he working further in the field.
A. for B. about C. on D. with （D）
be satisfied with… be dissatised with…. 对。。。感到满意（不满意）
4. I am accustomed late on weekends for I have the habit of working at night.
A. to sit up B. to sitting up C. at sitting up D. for sitting up （B）
be accustomed to doing…=be used to doing… 习惯于。。。
5. Tompson was once summoned to the court of law and accused…….being involved in a murder case.
A. with B. on C. of D. about （C）
on account of… due to… because of… 由于 因为6. Smoking is not good you because it can affect your health.
A. for B. at C. to D. on （A）
be good at…擅长 be good for… 对。。。有好处
7. Mary’s younger brother, though 6 years old, is very quick doing calculations.
A. of B. on C. in D. by （C）
be quick in(at) doing… 敏于做。。。
8. The teacher will ask you to account your absence from his class yesterday.
A. for B. at C. n D. of （A）
account for 解释（原因）
9. The flyover at the crossing on the 4th Ring Road is now construction.
A. under B. at C. in D. with （A）
under 在。。。之中 在。。。情况下
10. People’s complaints the bad food were soon taken consideration by the government.
A. of…into B. for…on C. of…for D. with…against （A）
complain v. complaint n.
complain to sb. about(of)… 就。。。向。。。投诉 take into consideration 把。。。考虑在内
11. I have no objection his staying in the library as long as he keeps quiet.
A. of B. to C. in D. over （B）
have no objection to 赞成 have an objection to 不赞成
12. Morris’s fluency in English has given her some advantage other pupils in the class.
A. above B. over C. than D. beyond （B）
have the advantage over 胜过； take advantage of 利用
13. They have been trying at practical solution the marital problem.
A. in B. to C. on D. for （B）
the solution to the problem 解决问题的方式
14. The manager assured the customer that his complaint would be soon seen .
A. at B. to C. on D. by （B）
be see to 注意；修理；处理
15. How close parents are to their children can produce some strong influence
A. in B. at C. on D. for （C）
influence on + n. 对。。。的影响；
influence …to do…; influence…in doing… 影响。。。
16. Washington D.C was named the first President of the U.S.A., George Washington.
A. from B. after C. by D. with （B）
name sb….after… 以。。。命名某人为。。。
17. Everyone is busy the examination in the classroom.
A with B. for C. on D. under （A）
be busy with + n. be busy doing…
18. Mary took her boyfriend the hand and then they walked away arm in arm.
A．on B．at C．by D．for （C）
by the hand 手挽手 arm in arm 肩并肩
19. Will all those ……. the proposal raise your hands?
A. in relation to B. in favor of C. in contrast to D. in excess of （超过） （A）
in favor of 支持；赞同 in relation to 关于 in contrast to 与。。。截然不同
20. Before 1920s, American women were deprived the right to vote to a large extent.
A. of B. to C. form D. with （A）
deprive of the right to vote 剥夺选举权
21. China would supply $300,000,000 some African countries as support for they were suffering from some famines（饥荒）。
A. to B. with C. by D. on （A）
supply A to B = supply B with A
22. NO one is trying to persuade you doing thee job But things must be dealt. Reasonably.
A. into…with B. to…from C. out…by D. by…in （A）
persuade sb. into doing…=persuade sb. to do… 说服某人做。。。
persuade sb. out of doing… 劝说某人不要做。。。
persuade sb. of … 使某人相信。。。
23. It took Susan 2 years to get adapted the college lire.
A. from B. about C. at D. to （D）
adapt…to…使适应； adapt…for… 把。。。改编为。。。 adapt…from…根据。。。改编成。。。
24. No one is indeed enthusiastic that dull task.
A. with B. about C. at D. to （B）
be enthusiastic about(or for)。。。 热心于。。。
25. The imported goods are inferior the domestic products in quality.
A. than B. with C. to D. against （C）
be inferior to… 低于；比不上； be superior to 优于。。。
26. Enough attention must be paid all the details so that you can have a detailed understanding of all the points.
A. on B. to C. of D. by （B）
pay attention to… 句子为被动时态
27. Everyone around the site felt deep sympathy the poor sick baby.
A. for B. from C.. in D. on （A）
feel deep sympathy for 对。。。深表同情； in sympathy with 同情；赞成；
28. I have been feeling regret all the years misspent without any research achievement.
A. of B. to C. from D. for （D）
regret to do… 遗憾地做（将要做）。。。 regret doing… 后悔做了。。。
be(feel) regret for… 对。。。懊悔不已
29. All people agreed that John should be responsible all the wrong doings.
A. to B. in C. for D. of （C）
be responsible to sb. 对某人负有责任； be responsiblie for sth. 对某事负有责任；
30. The manner in which Joe was talking reminded me her grandmother.
A. with B. about C. for D. of （D）
remind sb. of… 使某人想起。。。
31. Stanley seemed superior all other people in appearance, but was actually looked down upon by every one else.
A. to B. on C. at D. of （A）
32. Cowboys wore wide-brimmed hats to protect themselves the sun.
A. from B. towards C. with D. by （A）
33. His ambition and courage are based his knowledge of the truth.
A. of B. to C. on D. of （C）
base…on… 把。。。建立在。。。上； on the basis of… 根据
34. Mary was too particular food. Maybe that’s why she was so slim.
A. with B. from C. at D. on （D）
be too particular over… 对。。。太挑剔
35. Scott was very appreciative the help from his teacher.
A. of B. in C. at D. on （C）
be very appreciative at… 对。。。深表感谢
36. comparison with my boyhood, my undergraduate years in Oklahoma were paradise.
A. In B. With C. To D. From （A）
in comparison with… 和。。。相比较
37. Five year ago, John Smith was once involved a traffic accident.
A. at B. by C. in D. on （C）
involve in… 卷入；热衷于；
38. This multiple choice test is composed 40 incomplete sentences, each with 4 alternatives for the takers to make.
A. with B. under C. by D. of （D）
be composed of =consist of… 由。。。组成
39. In that raincoat, Scarlet felt safe any thunderstorm.
A. with B. under C. from D. about （C）
be safe from…免受。。。伤害； be safe for… 对。。。是安全的；
40. The ground was black ants, great energetic ants that were busy running back and forth.
A. for B. in C. ay D. with （D）
41. Carol was employed as an interpreter because he was proficient three languages, Chinese, English and French.
A. at B. in C. on D. by （B）
be proficient in… 精通于。。。 interpreter 口译
42. Mrs. March could not prevent her little boy shooting the birds in the trees.
A. from…to B. on…at C. with…up D. from…at （D）
prevent…from doing… shoot at… 向。。。开枪射击
43. Asked what he liked to eat, sam said he preferred beef steak pork pies.
A. than B. against C. to D. into （C）
prefer…(n.) to…(n.) prefer doing…to doing… 喜欢。。。胜过。。。
prefer sb. to do…宁愿让某人做。。。
44. The size of his head is not proportional that or his body.
A. on B. to C. for D. into （B）
be proportional to…= in proportion to 与。。。成比例
45. The current economic reform in China is characteristic its socialism.
A. of B. in C. by D. at （A）
be characteristic of 表现了。。。的特色；
其它含介词的短语还有：by means of… in spite of… in honour of… according to…
owning to… in addition to… rely on… be dependent on… comment on…
concentrate…on… be keen on… take charge of… be made up… be capable of…
be typical of… interfere with… be familiar with… be consistent with…
result from… 由于； result to… 导致； lie in ; run for… lead to ; refer to ; relate to ;
devote to ;adjust to ; break away from… prohibit from… consider as… be known as…
divide…into… aim at … die of… object to… persist in… equal to… be famous for
full of… guilty of 犯（罪）； love for… desire for…
1. The city was plagued by traffic congestion last year, .
A. but it isn’t this year B. but not this year
C. but it hasn’t this year D. but it hadn’t this year （A）
并列句型，前后一致 plague 混乱； traffic congestion交通阻塞；
2. The commuter can facts.
A. gather and to store B. gather and stored
C. gather and storing D. gather and store （D）
3. The crewman switched on portable flashlights as the engineer the scene.
A.has surveyed B. surve；C. was surveying；D. is surveying （C）
4. We a solution to this problem by the end of this month.
A. must B. will C. must find D. can （C）
5. The old woman neither anything when the policemen asked her about the accident.
A. replied nor say B. replied nor said C. reply nor said D. replies nor says （B）
6. The boy at school.
A. was never behaved B. was never behaved himself
C. never behaved D. never behaved himself. （D）
behave 规矩，常与自身代词连用； 主动语态
7. Most pubs in the street until 1:00 in the morning.
A. not close B. close not
C. do not close D. not closed （C）
do not +非延续性动词…until…
8. They had an enormous dinner like this.
A. rarely not have B. rarely have not
C. have not rarely D. have rarely （D）
rarely , scarcely , hardly ,never 等已含有否定义；
9. Many high-rise hotels .
A. has now been constructing B. are now being constructed
C. are now constructing D. are constructed now （B）
10. The girl smiled ,got up, from the schoolmaster.
A. receive the god medal B. and receiving the gold medal
C. and receive the gold medal D. and received the gold medal （D）
11. He fancied that he would get on well.
A. and that he would meet with amazing success
B. and that he will meet with amazing success
C. and that amazing success would be met with
D. and meets with amazing success （A）
12. I can do it for her but I .
A. don’t feel like it B. don’t feel like to
C. don’t feel liking it D. don’t feel liked to （A）
feel like 想要；不带to的不定式还有 cannot but do , cannot help but do , rather than do , other than do , let do , make do 等；
13. The burglar took away more than .
A. he wanted to take B. he wanted to taken
C. he wanted to D. he wanted to have taken （C）
take away 消耗；带走； want to 想要；
14. He after climbing the mountain.
A. has scarcely no energy left B. had scarcely any energy left
C. scarcely has no energy left D. scarcely has not any energy left （B）
15. She apologized to her for the party.
A. not being able to attend B. not being able to attend
C. being able not to attend D. being notable to attend （B）
动名词作介宾； apologize to sb.for sth. 因某事向某人道歉
16. Entering the lecture hall, from their clothing.
A. snow beat off B. they beat off snow
C. snow was beaten off by them D. they were beaten off snow （B）
17. a long way, Robbins began to feel tired.
A. Having walked B. Walking
C. Having been walked D. Being walk （A）
18. Weighing five hundred pounds, .
A. the cupboard could not be moved
B. she could not move the cupboard
C. the cupboard was too heavy for one person to move
D. the cupboard was unable to move （C）
19. Asked about the new play, .
A. his answer was confident B. he was confidently answered
C. he answered confidently D. his answers were confident （C）
20. ,the inhabitants fled.
A. The city take B. The city having been taken
C. Having taken the city D. The city being taken （B）
21. black clouds covering the sky ,he stopped his work and went home.
A. To see B. Having been seeing
C. Seeing D. having to see （C）
22. I advised ,but he turned me a deaf ear.
A. him not to smoke again B. him to smoke not again
C. him to not smoke again D. not him to smoke again （A）
不定式的否定式词序：not to do
23. ,he works very late at night.
A. Having been choosing director B. Choosing director
C. Having chosen director D. Being chosen director （D）
24. She prefers taking an examination.
A. writing a term paper than B. being written for a term paper
C. to write that a term paper D. writing a term paper to （D）
prefer doing…to doing…
25. The clerk is going to take bus money.
A. by saving B. to save C. for to save D. saving （B）
26. The brakes need .
A. adjusting B. adjusted C. to adjustment D. to adjust （A）
need sb. to do…需要某人做。。。 need doing…需要被做。。 need sth.done 需要请人做；
27. Henry and Bady to the parties at the Trade Union every Saturday.
A. are used to go B. use to go C. would stay D. shall stay （C）
be used to do…被用于做。。 be used to doing… 习惯于；used to do…过去常常（现在不了）；
28. Her government insisted she until she finished her degree.
A. stayed B. stay C. would stay D. shall stay （B）
虚拟语气在宾语从句中，是should +动词原形或只用动词原形；这类谓语动词有：insist , suggest ,
order , demand , command , propose , arrange , request , require , desire , recommend 等；
29. Excuse me ,but it is necessary that your temperature .
A. be taken B. taking C. to take D. was taken （A）
虚拟语气在主语从句中，是should + 动词原形、should + have done .或只用动词原形；这类词有：
It is(was) necessary (important , desirable , imperative , advisable , desired , suggested , proposed ,
settled , requested , decided) that….
30.Hix Chemistry teacher recommends that he A regular degree program.
A. will begin B. begins C. begin D. is beginning （C）
31.The landlady asked him to move because she in that chair.
A. used to sit B. was used to sitting C. used to sitting D was used to sit （B）
32.His friends are looking forward his as soon as possible.
A. of seeing B. for seeing C. to see D. to seeing （D）
属“动词+介词+动名词”结构，这类词有：look forward to doing pay attention to doing
give up doing apologize for doing succeed in doing dream of doing object to doing
insist on doing worry about doing provent(stop)…from doing excuse sb for doing
devote…to doing accuse sb of doing aid sb in doing agree on doing think about doing ;
33.It is imperative that you there in person.
A. be B. will be C. will D. are （A）
34.Robin’s doctor suggested for a few days.
A. that he is resting B. his resting C. him to rest D. that he rest （D）
35.Frankly, I’d rather you anything about it for the time being.
A. do B. didn’t do C. don’t D. didn’t （C）
would rather (had rather)….than…. 填充名词、代词或不带to的不定式;
36.His report proved .
A. truly B. true C. truth D. truism （B）
( to be ) true ， 省略不定式to be ；
37.Does he have difficulty English?
A. to speak B. speak C. speaking D. spoke （C）
属“名词+介词+动名词”结构，这类词有：difficulty in doing advice on doing delay in doing
experience in doing insist in doing habit of doing possibility of doing apology for doing
success in doing sth. 等；
38.They would insist to another hotel.
A. to move B. moving C. on moving D. moved （C）
39.We request the committee our suggestion again.
A. to consider B. considering C. consider D. considered （A）
有些动词后只能跟不定式，这类词有：request , afford , agree , aim , ask . desire , expect ,
claim , choose , decide , demand , fail , hope , manage , offer , plan , pretend , promise , refuse ,
request , resolve , wish 等；
40.He stopped Mira to his office.
A. from having come B. to cone C. for coming D. from coming （D）
41.In winter we go the hill.
A. skiing B. to ski C. ski D. for ski （A）
属名词化的动名词，这类词有：skiing , swimming , living , acting , singing , walking , running ,
working , laughing , crying 等；
42.She playing volley-ball very much.
A. has B. wants C. lets D. enjoys （D）
有些动词后只能跟动名词，这类词有：enjoy , admit , avoid , consider , dislike , delay , finish ,
imagine , include , keep , mind , miss , practise , recall , repent , resent , resist , risk , stop , suggest ;
43.They are busy .
A. to do this B. doing this C. to this D. did this （B）
属“形容词+介词+动名词”结构，这类词有：busy (in) doing according to doing
aware of doing apologentic for doing capable of doing confident of doing
angry about doing exact in doing afraid of doing fond of doing guilty of doing
hopeful of doing intent on doing tired of doing responsible for doing suitable for doing
wrong in doing right in doing 等；
44.She had a hard time mathematics.
A. to study B. studies C. studing D. study （C）
have ….doing…. 主动态； have…..done 被动态；
45.He is now accustomed to early.
A. works B. working C. work D. worked （B）
Bbe accustomed to doing 习惯于；
46. The man tries to avoid his manager.
A. to meet B. meet C. to be meeting D. meeting （D）
47.The engineer demanded that Smith with him.
A. go B. must to C. went D. will go （A）
48.The plants have stopped .
A. to grow B. to be growing C. for growing D. growing （D）
○ try doing 意为“尝试”，重在做 ； try to do 意谓“企图”，重在想办法；
○regret doing 指对过去的行为懊悔； regret to do 指对现在的事情抱歉；
○cannot help doing 禁不住； cannot help to do 不能帮忙；
○propose doing 建议做； propose to do 打算做；
○stop smoking 戒烟； stop to smok 停下来吹烟；
○go on doing 继续做同一件事；go on to do 接着做另一件事；
○remember doing 表已完成的； remember to do 表未完成的动作；
○forget doing 忘记已做了的事；forget to do 忘记要做的事；
○agree on doing 商量做某事； agree to do 同意做某事；
○be good at eating 会吃 it is good to eat 很好吃
○be afraid of dying 恐怕要死了（客观）； be afraid to die 害怕得要死（主观）；
○like doing (长期的) 爱好； like to do （一时的）兴趣；
○living 钟爱的；lovely 可爱的； likely 可能的；
1.All my classmates are going to the Summer Palace except .
A. he and I B. he and me C. him and I D. him and me （D）
2.We can do the experiment better than .
A. him and her B. he and she C. him and she D. he and her （B）
3.Last Sunday, had a picnic in Pengyuan Park..
A. Ling, Zhengpin and me B. Ling, I and Zhengqin
C. I, Ling and Zhengqin D. Ling, Zhengpin and I （D）
4. never wanted to be looked down upon.
A. We woman B. Us women C. Ours women D. We women （D）
5.The government and the people sill think a lot about .
A. we intellectuals B. us intellectuals C. we intellectual D. us intellectual （B）
6.In some restaurants, food and service are worse than used to be.
A. they B. it C. them D. that （A）
It的复数主格为they ,宾格为them ;
7.Each teacher and office-worker got the bonus entitled to at the end of the year.
A. they were B. you were C. he was D. she was （C）
信号词 each 对应he
8.If you should meet Wang or Li, tell about the meeting.
A. them B. him C. he D. they （B）
信号词 or 对应 him
9.Let the porter take all the baggage ort and put in the lobby.
A. it B. they C. her D. its （A）
Baggage 不可数名词 lobby 大堂
10.Not all the students will have good marks through exams.
A. their B. his C. her D. theirs （A）
信号词 not all（部分）对应 their
11.Either the postman or the driver must have eaten lunch here.
A. his B. its C. their D. theirs （A）
12.Everybody in the class must hand in test paper within the given time.
A. their B. out C. his D. her （A）
everyboby 所有人（复数） ； everyone 每个人（单数） ；
13.That is the film star we all know.
A. whom B. who C. whoever D. which （A）
14.Wang is the man we borrow books.
A. from who B. from whom C. whom D. who （B）
15.Send the note to is in that house.
A. whomever B. whatever C. whichever D. whoever （D）
16. did you say would repair the refrigerator？
A. whom B. who C. what D. whose （B）
17.The ball-pen he writes is a Ningpo751.
A. with it B. with what C. with whichever D. with which （D）
18.That is the woman office was broken into last night.
A. to whom B whose C. of whom D. on whom （B）
19. was looking forward to working overtime.
A. None office workers B. None of the office workers
C. None of the office worker D. None of office worker （B）
none of… 当中任何一个都不
20.All the farmers turned up for the meeting except you introduced.
A. one B. the one C. he D. yours （B）
21.One common family name is Wang; is Li
A. another B. the other C. others D. none other （B）
One… ,the other… . 两个中的一个----，另一个----。
22.I have two dictionaries: one of the two is a Chinese-English dictionary, and is an English-Chinese one.
A. another B. the other C. other D. none other （B）
23.Some girls have one pig-tail; girls have two.
A. another B. the other C. other D. one other （C）
others 其它的 ，不特指 ； the others 特指的那些 ；
both….and…. either….or…. neither….nor…. 雨打沙滩点点坑
1． must have done 对过去所做的肯定性推断；
2． should have done 本来应该做却没做；
1. The reason I can’t come is that I have to prepare for the coming exam.
A. for B. as C. because √ D. why
The reason why…. 有时why可用that代替
2. She studied hard at school when she was young, contributes to her
success in her career.
A. that B. so that C. so √ D. which
Contributes to 为….贡献（捐献）
3. An investigation was made into the accident, fifty people were killed.
A. where B. when √C. in which D. for that
4. I’ve got a bottle of beer ,but I haven’t got anything I can open it with.
√A. that B. what C. where D. which
5. All members are admitted to the auditorium.
A. have got tickets B. that had got the tickets
√C. that have got the tickets D. who have got the tickets
6. sound waves travel in the air in much the same way water waves
spread on the water.
√A. as B. that C. where D. in which
the same ….as….
7. Writers can accurately describe objects have never seen.
A. who B. if they √ C. they D. that
8. It wasn’t such a good present he had promised me.
A. that √ B. as C. which D. what
Such +n.+ …as….
9. Perhaps the day will come people will be able to breath e clean
air in cities.
√A. when B. while C. as D. since
先行词为the day ;
10. To make up an objective test, the teacher writes a series of questions,
has only on correct answer.
√A. each of which B. come of which C. which D. what
11. All is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. what is needed √ B. that is needed
C. for our needs D. thing needed
12. Evidence came up specific speech sounds are recognized by babies
as young as six months old.
A. which B. what √ C. that D. when
Evidence 证据； specific 明显的；
13. The goals he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him.
A. for that √ B. for which C. for what D. of them
14. Those were the soldiers to save the town.
√A. whose responsibility was B. in whom there was a responsibility
C. whose was the responsibility D. from whom the responsibility
15. The person you were talking to was an American.
A. who √ B. whom C. which D. as
16. Einstein was one of the greatest men ever lived.
A. who √ B. that C. whom D. he
17.Most of the electronic devise of this kind, manufactured or this
purposes, are tightly packed.
A. which is √ B. as are C. what are D. they are
18. Scientists call Newton’s idea gravitation reaches throughout
the universe the law of universal gravitation.
A. when B. which √ C. that D. where
19. English words are not always spelt .
√A. the way they sound B. the way they to sound
C. the way they are sounding D. as they are sounding
20. Snowdonia is a seashore city you can enjoy yourselves much
by visiting the local scenic spots.
A. why B. which √ C. where D. so
21. The time is not far away modem communications will become
widespread in China’s vast countryside.
√A. when B. before C. until D. as
22. A higher crime rate exists in cities a large percentage of unemployment.
A. where have √ B. that have C. which they have D. that having
23. The inflation made it hard for us to buy the necessities .
A. which need us √ B. that we need C. what we need
D. as we need
1. you didn’t know the rules won’t be a sufficient excuse for your
delaying submitting the report.
A. It is √ B. That C. Because D. What
2. It was a hundred people looked lost in it.
A. too large room so B. so a large room where
√C. so large a room that D. such a large room which
It is …that…. 强调句； so +a.+…that…
3. Advertising is distinguished from other forms of communication the
advertiser pays for the message to be delivered.
A. where B. in order that √C.in that D. in the way
4. You can fly to London this afternoon you don’t mind changing
plane for Paris.
√A. provided B. unless C. except D. so far as
5. he had discovered his error, Jamaica made the necessary
corrections in the data.
A. As though √ B. As soon as C. As if D. As far as
6. the students were discussing the car accident, Benne put in that
the road was icy.
A. Since B. Where √ C. While D. As soon as
Put in 驶入；
7. They repeated the test several times they succeeded in getting
a correct result.
A. when B. since √C. until D. for
8. We must begin testing the instrument no matter difficult it is.
A. what B. when √C. how D. however
No matter how difficult = however it is difficult
9. I left school I had taught that subject for ten years.
A. Whenever √B. By the time C. The moment D. Since
10. people say, I believe he is as innocent as a baby unborn.
A. Whoever B. However √C. Whatever D. Whenever
11. The more we looked at the abstract painting, .
√ A. the less we liked it B. better we liked it
C. we liked it less D. it looked better
The more …. , the less…
12. I decided to stop and have lunch, I was feeling quite hungry.
√A. for B. moreover C. consequently D. whereas
13. It was in 1665 the concept of the Earth’s gravity interested
√A. that B. who C. which D. when
14. Hardly had Glucia finished his speech the audience stared
A. that B. as C. since √D. when
Hardly ….when(before)…. 刚一…就….
15. Snowdonia will never seem to succeed, hard she tries because
no one is supporting her.
√A. however B. whenver C. whomever D. whom
16. I don’t think that Bob will come here again today, please give the book
to comes first.
√ A. whoever B. who C. whomever D. whom
17. the punishment was unjust, Henry accepted it without complaint.
A. So long as B. Since √C. Even though D. While
18. The situation today is obviously different from it was about
30 years ago.
√A. what B. when C. which D. such
19. We all got up early that morning we might start before dawn.
A. so as to B. in order to √ C. in order that D. so
20. You can not see the doctor you have made an appointment with him.
A. if B. except √ C. unless D. when
Make an appointment with… 和…..有约
21. Whether that is a good solution depends on .
√A. how you look at it B. you look at it
C. that you look at it D. what you look at it
22. How close parents are to their children a strong influence on
the character of the children.
A. have B. to have √ C. has D. having
23. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill we all sat down to rest.
√A. that B. then C. when D. until
24. You will grow wiser you grow older.
A. when B. after √ C. as D. since
1. By this summer ,Elizabeth here for ten years.
A. will work B. works √C. will have worked D. has worked
2. After Jackson for half an hour, he came to the conclusion that Mrs.
Bennet was not coming.
A. waited B. was waiting C. has waited √D. had been waiting
Come to the conclusion 得出结论；
3. I hope you the instructions ready before I come tomorrow.
A. waited B. was waiting C. has waited √D. had been waiting
4. “Has john finished writing his composition?” “No, and it
two hours ago.”
A. should be finished B. should have finished
C. should finished √D. should have been finished
5. I’m meeting Even tonight. I a Russian before.
A. didn’t ever meet √B. have never met
C. have ever met D. never met
6. All the apparatus before the experiment began.
A. have been tested √B. had been tested
C. were tested D. had tested
7. We’ll leave as soon as it raining.
A. is stopping √B. stops C. will stop D. shall stop
8. We’ve already sent out he invitation cards, but we don’t know how
many people .
A. come √B. are coming C. came D. have come
9. No sooner than the accident happened.
A. he had gone √B. had he gone C. his going D. he went
10. I had hoped Mr. Smith me an early reply.
A. gave B. to give C. giving √D. would give
11. Until yesterday, Miller’s family from him for six months.
A. hasn’t heard B. hasn’t been hearing
√C. hadn’t heard D. didn’t bear
12. Tailor looks sleepy. He must to bed very late last night.
A. had gone √B. have gone C. be going D. go
13. I yesterday, but I was suspended by an unexpected visit.
A. came B. did come √C. was to come D. come
14. I don’t know what Jeanie at this time tomorrow.
A. does B. is doing √C. will be doing D. will do
15. Hardly when the bus suddenly pulled away.
A. they had got to the bus stop √B. had they got to the bus stop
C. did they get to the bus stop D. they got to the bus stop
16. Mother doesn’t know how much time I have spent in watching TV; if she
ever found out, I’m sure .
√A. she’d never forgive me B. she never forgive me
C. she’ll never forgive me D. she does never forgive me
17. The teacher told the students that the Earth round the Sun.
√A. moves B. moved C. has moved D. has been moving
18. While the secretary his desk, he found the long lost report.
A. had been cleaning B. is cleaning
C. has been cleaning √D. was cleaning
19. As soon as he his error, Rockfeller made the necessary corrections
to his data collected.
A. discovered B. has discovered
C. has promoted √D. was cleaning
20. Fred believed that his friend by his employer a month or so ago.
√A. discovered B. has discovered C. has promoted D. was cleaning
21. I think I’ll wait until the mail .
A. should come B. is coming √C. comes D. will come
22. We could have bought a new are last year, but we really it.
A. can’t afford √B. couldn’t afford
C. won’t afford D. unable to afford
23. If you don’t pay your taxes ,they .
A. have you arrested （逮捕） √B. will have you arrested
C. must have you arrested D. have you arrest
24. I meeting you ever since we parted.
A. was looking forward to √B. have been looking forward to
C. had been looking forward to D. looked forward to
25. They told me that by the end of the month they in this flat for
A. has lived B. will have lived
C. has been living √D. would have been living
1. Either John’t family or his relative the special banquet.
A. attends B. attend C. are attending √D. has attended
2. All that is not gold.
A. glitter √B. glitters C. glittering D. glittered
3. All but Sam and me going to the exhibition this evening.
√A. are B. is C. am D. be
4. Although the first part of the book appears easy, the rest rather difficult.
√A. is B. was C. are D. be
5. My old pants have been thrown away, and I have bought .
25.some new one B. some new pair √C. a new pair D. a new one
注： a pair of pants some pairs of pants
6. They accumulated information before designing the new type machine.
A. a great many √B. vast amount of C. a number of D. many a
7. The Smiths are so happy today because they have bought .
A. many furnitures B. so much furnitures
√C. many pieces of furniture D. many a furniture
8. Each man and woman to turn to the bishop for help.
√A. is B. are C. be D. were
9. What we are learning the standard English language.
√A. is B. are C. has D. were
10. Many a girl dancing at the center of the hall.
A. are √ B. is C. be D. am
Many a …. 用单数；
11. You ought to have asked Louis about that, .
A. haven’t you B. hadn’t you √C. oughtn’t you D. didn’t you
12. The number of students in this college this year.
A. are increased B. have been increased
√C. has been increased D. is increased
13. Nobody but Smith and John in the laboratory yesterday.
A. are B. were √C. was D. had
14. Neither Bill nor his parents at home today.
A. is √B. are C. stayed D. has
Neither …nor…. Either….or……
Not only….but also …. Not….but….
15. Dr. smith together with his wife and two sons to arrive this evening.
A. are B. are going C. will be √ D. is
16. A new television series that they can and should think about
A. teach handicapped children B. taught handicapped children
√C. teaches handicapped children D. teaching handicapped children
series单复数相同；信号词为A new ….
17. I , who one of your sincere friends, will try my best to help you out
of this trouble.
A. be B. are √C. am D. is
18. At the rail station a soldier and two young ladies on their way to
A. was B. is C. be √D. are
19. Ninety-three million miles from the Earth to the Sun a long distance.
A. seem √B. seems C. seeming D. seem to be
20. That singer and dancer our evening party.
A. are to attend √B. is to attend C. were to attend D. is attended
21. You’d prefer some whisky, ?
√A. wouldn’t you B. shouldn’t you C. hadn’t you D. didn’t you
you’d rather =you would rather you’better =you had better
I’like =I had like
22. I haven’t seen your before, ?
√A. have I B. hadn’t I C. hasn’t I D. had I
23. Someone borrowed my umbrella, ?
A. didn’t he √B. didn’t they C. did he D. didn’t they
24. There is much room for further improvement in your plan, ?
A. is there √B. isn’t there C. are there D. aren’t there
25. You don’t mind if I smoke, ?
A. did you √B. do you C. would D. shall you
26. I am not happy, ?
√A. am I B. am not I C. aren’t D. I am not
27. You’d be sorry for what your have done, ?
A. hadn’t you B. should you √C. shouldn’t you D. wouldn’t you
28. There used to be some green at this spot, ?
√A. didn’t there B. used there C. wasn’t there D. did there
29. You ought to take the lead in the group, ?
√A. shouldn’t you B. wouldn’t you C. should you D. would you
30. Pass me the coffee please, ?
√A. will you B. wouldn’t you C. should you D. would you
31. Let’s listen to the Easy F.M. on China Radio International, ?
A. do we B. don’t we √C. shall we D. will we
32. No single woman could have done that, ?
√A. did it B. didn’t it C. do it D. does it
33. No single woman could have done that, ?
A. could they B. couldn’t they √C. could she D. couldn’t she
34. We’d better not go to the Canyon, ?
√A. had we B. did we C. would’t we D. didn’t we
35. Nobody has phoned while I was not, ?
A. has he B. haven’t they C. has’t he √D. have they
1. no electronic computers , they could have been no satellites orrockets.
√A. Had there been B. If there were
C. Should there be D. If there are
2. Hardly had Professor Birch finished his speech the audiences
A. as B. that C. since √D. when
否定词前置的倒装，如hardly , never , on no account , scarcely ,
in no case , no sooner , not until , not only , rarely , seldom , little 等；
3. Never such a marvelous place as the Great Wall before I got there.
A. did I see B. I had seen C. I saw √D. had I seen
4. On no account there.
A. you should go B. you must go
C. had you to go √D. must you go
5. ,Sam would have been able to pass the exam.
A. If he studies more B. If he were studying to a greater degree
C. Studying more √D. Had he studies more
6. Scarcely had they settled themselves in their seats in the theater the
curtain went up.
A. than B. before √C. when D. as
7. In no case indicate any depgree of difference in the legal status of
husband and wife.
A. the documents will B. will be documents
C. the documents should √D. do the documents
8. had he gone to sleep that the telephone rang once more.
A. As soon as √B. No sooner C. Hardly D. Scarcely
9. a certain doubt among the students as to the necessity of the work.???????????
A. It existed √B. There existed C. They had D. There had
10. Not until the year of 1954 made the capital of this province.
11.the city was √B. was the city
12.C. when the city was D. was when the city
11. He will not be to vote in this year’s election.
√A. old enough B. as old enough C. enough old D. enough old as
12. Were it not for friction, we to walk on this planet of our own.
√A. would not be able B. should not have been able
C. were not able D. are not able
13. will Mr. Forbes be able to regain control of the company.
A. With hard work B. In spite of his hard work
C. Only if he works hardly √D. Only with hard work
某些副词置前要倒装，如only , so , then ; only在修饰状语时才倒装；
14. Not did she refuse to speak to Jim, but also she decided never to
see him again.
A. even √B. only C. at all D. always
15. So badly in the accident that Smarton was delayed in the howpital
A. did he injure B. he injured √C. was he injured D. he was injured
16. On no account to anyone else.
A. my name must not be mentioned √B. must my name not be mentioned
C. must my name not mention D. my name must not mention
17. Had Christina arrived 5 minutes earlier, she the train.
A. would catch B. could catch
√C. could have caught D. would be able to catch
18. I shouted at the top of my voice did Lily turn her head.
A. Until √B. Not until C. It was not until D. Only until
19. Rarely such a silly thing.
A. I heard of B. have heard I of
√C. have I heard of D. have heard of I
20. do we suspect that this district is rich in mineral resources.
√A. Little B. A little C. Few D. A few
21. Seldom any mistakes during my past five years of service here.
A. made I √B. did I make C. should I make D. would I make
22. So little that the meighbors couldn’t settle their differences.
√A. did the agree B. agree did they C. they agree D. they did agree
??23. They thought it question to ask.
A. too difficult B. a too difficult
C. too a difficult √D. too difficult a
24. “Have you ever seen any thing like that before?” “No, .”
A. I never have seem anything like that before
B. never I have seen anything like that before
√C. never have I seen anything like that before
D. I have seen anything like that before
25. Only by diligence and honesty .
√A. can one succeed in life B. one can succeed in life
C. one will be succeeded in life D. can one be succeeded in life
26. Only by diligence and honesty .
√A. So great was her love B. Such great love she was
C. So great he love was D. Such great her love was
27. Many a time me good advice.
A. my teacher gave B. has given my teacher
C. my teacher has given √D. has my teacher given
1. We surely desire that the tour leader us immediately of any change in
the travel schedules.
√A. inform B. informs C. informed D. has informed
???2. Look at the terrible trouble I your advice!
A. follow √B. had followed C. would follow D. have followed
3. I wish go to the movie with you tonight, but I have to finish my
A. I can √B. I could C. I will D. I would
4. available, we would certainly have sent him to the meeting.
A. John was B. Wasn’t John √C. Had John been D. John had been
???5. I would have come sooner but I that you were waiting.
A. haven’t known B. hadn’t known √C. didn’t know D. have known
6. If you had told me in advance, I him at the airport.
√A. would have met B. would meet C. had met D. met
7. Everybody has arrived. It’s time we the meeting.
A. would start B. had started C. shall start √D. started
8.Tony does not dare to leave the house in case .
A. he will recognize √B. he should be recognized
C. he is recognized D. he recognizes
9. Franklin looked as though he ill for a long time.
A. was B. were C. has been √D. had been
10. I’d rather you about it for the time being.
A. don’t think √B. didn’t think
C. would not think D. had not thought
11. It is necessary that Mark in time to attend the meeting.
√A. come B. came C. comes D. will come
12. Tom is working hard for fear that he .
A. fell behind B. may fall behind
√C. should fall behind D. would fall behind
13. It is imperative that Hurst wood to hospital at once.
A. is taken B. shall be taken √C. should be taken D. must be taken
14. The driver looked over the engine carefully lest it on the way.
A. breaks down B. broke down
C. would break down √D. should break down
15. Tomorrow, I ivory would surely be welcome.
A. If she comes B. When she comes
C. would break down √D. should break down
16. It is highly desirable that a new chairman for the committee.
A. will be elected B. is elected C. elect √D. be elected
17. Kitty talks as if she on the spot.
A. is √B. were C. has been D. be
18. I didn’t go to the concert. But I do wish I there.
A. was √B. had been C. were D. went
19. It is requested that every student a plan for the nest semester.
A. makes √B. make C. will make D. would make
20. The librarian recommended that the professor the newly published books.
√A. borrow B. borrowed C. should have borrowed D. borrowing
21. Even if she there, Margaret could not have done anything either.
A. were B. was being C. be √D. had been
22. I don’t think it advisable that Darcy the job as a secretary since he
has no experience.
√A. be assigned B. will be assigned
C. is assigned D. has been assigned
23. What do you think of his proposal the we put on a play at the
A. will √B. should C. has D. have
24. They talked as if they friends for years.
√A. had been B. were C. have been D. would be
25. Eliza must have missed the train, otherwise she then.
A. should arrive here B. has arrived here
√C. would have arrived here D. arrived here
???26. But for friction, human beings neither walk, nor even stand up.
A. can B. were able to C. will be able to √D. could
27. It is important that the brakes on your bicycle properly.
A. working B. works √C. work D. worked
28. It has been decided that the meeting until nest Saturday.
A. is postponed B. postpone C. will be postponed √D. be postponed
29. His government insisted that James Bond until he finished his degree.
A. would stay √B. stay C. stayed D. shall stay
30. I suggested Mike himself to the new conditions.
A. adapted √B. adapt C. would adapt D. might adapt
???31. I wish that you such a bad headache because I’m sure that you
would have enjoyed the concert.
A. didn’t have B. hadn’t √C. hadn’t had D. hadn’t have
32. , Smith would have signed his name at the comer.
A. If the painted that picture B. If he paints that picture
√C. If the had painted that picture D. If the would have painted that picture
33. You yesterday if you were really serious about the job.
A. ought to come √B. ought to have come
C. ought to be coming D. ought have come
34. The old worker urged that we cheaper materials instead.
√A. use B. used C. would use D. will use
35. Without electricity, the whole world
√A、would not have developed so rapidly
B. had not developed so rapidly
C、does not develop so rapidly
D. has not developed so rapidly
36. When John took the pen back to Mary, she said coldly: “You it sooner,
for I it.”
1.should have returned…might need
B. should return...might have needed
√C、should have returned…might have needed
D. must have returned…must have needed
37. for their assistance, we couldn’t have got over such big difficulties.
A. It were not B. Were it √C. Were it not D. Are it
38. It is about time that the government strong actions against
embezzlement and official profiteering.
A. is taking B. takes √C. took D. will take
???39. Suppose you Mike now, what would you say to him?
A. meet √B. met C. have met D. should meet
40. Had I known her name, I .
A. would invite her to lunch √B. would have invited her to lunch
C. invited her to lunch D. could invite her to lunch
41. Jason made the request that the problem as to who would be sent abroad
at the meeting.
A. is discussed √B. be discussed
C. discuss D. would be discussed
42. Mr. Johnson prefers that with him personally.
A. Mary speaks B. would be postponed
√C. should postpone D. Mary would speak
43. The chairman of the committee moved that their regular meeting for this
√A、be postponed B. would be postponed
C. should postpone D. was postponed
44. They demand that the right to vote to every adult man and woman.
A. should give B. would be given √C. be given D. ought to give
45. It was essential that all the necessary data to the President’s office
before the end of this month.
A. sent √B. should be sent C. should send D. must be sent
1、 与现在事实相反，从句为：If +主语+动词过去式
主句为：主语+should(/would/could/might) + 动词原形
2、 与过去事实相反，从句为：If +主语+had +过去分词
常用句型为：it is(was)+ important (necessary , imperative , desirable,
advisable ) +that ….. 谓语用should +动词原形（或should+have+
2、 主句谓语动词为demand , suggest , propose , order , arrange ,
insist,command , require , desire 等，that从句谓语用should+
句子主语常是suggestion , proposal , idea , motion 等，其谓语是
常用在it is time (that)….句型里。
Part 1 Vocabulary and Structure
Directions:There are 20 incomplete sentences in this section.For each sentence there are four choices marked A,B,C and D.Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence.Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
2.These are books and newspapers you asked yesterday.
A.in which B.on which C.for which D.at which
3.Five kilometers a long distance for a five-year-old boy to run.
A .is B.are C.be D.would
4.It is desired that new rules to the attention of all the students.
A.shall be brought B.will be brought
C.would be brought D.be brought
5.I'd like to a double-room with a bath in your hotel from June 3 to 12.
A.promise B.propose C.book D.check
6.He could not start the engine,no matter hard he had tried.
A.when B.where C.what D.how
7.I forgot to give my regards to my manager in my letter.I wish I it.
A.should do B.did C.have done D.had done
8. Writing a letter to the manager,he decided to talk to him in person.
A.Instead of B.Because of C.As for D.due to
9.I can't find the key to my office.I have lost it on my way home.
A.would B.should C.must D.ought to
10.As far as I'm concerned,I don't like in that way.
A.to be tread B.to treat C.treated D.treating
10.The policeman stopped the driver and found that he alcohol.
A.drinks B.has drunk C.is drinking D.had drunk
13.In Chinese culture,red happiness,so brides usually wear red on their wedding days.
A.stands B.represents C.presents D.resents
14.This is the only practicable solution your problem at the moment.
A.about B.of C.for D.to
15.We have been each other for 20 years.
A.in touch B.in touch with C.touching D.touching with
16.She failed her entrance examination for college and was unable to start her studies at
A.furthermore B.consequently C.sequently D.moreover
17.My mother and I always enjoyed our chat under a pine tree in the park, our childhood.
A.thinking B.memorizing C.reminding D.recalling
18.Many countries began to economic ties with China after its reform and opening-up
A.expand B.expend C.extend D.intend
19.The doctor has warned time and again that smoking will his health,but Johnny just
A.effect B.reduce C.affect D.deserve
20.the editor asked his journalists not to any details in their reports of the accident.
A.leave for B.leave out C.leave off D.leave on
21.It wasn't very of you to drink all the milk when you know I need some for the baby！
A.considerate B.thoughtless C.careful D.deliberate
22.At first the boss threatened to him from his job,but later it turned out to be a mere bluff.
A.distribute B.dispose C.dissolve D.dismiss
Part 2 Reading Comprehension
Directions:In this part there are 4 passages followed by questions or unfinished statements,each with four suggested answers marked A,B,C and D.Choose the ONE you think is the best answer,then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line throuhg the center.
Of all the family members,grandparents are probably the least valued.They are just the people who have always been around.They make a fuss over the children in the family,show off to their friends the achievements of this child or that child,and show countless pictures of new babies. Grandfathers can fix anything,and grandmothers always have homemade biscuits around.
When you are small,it's fun to stay with your grandparents because they always let you do things you can't do at home,and,of course,they buy you things.They are always able to babysit because they don't go out much and actually prefer to see their grandchildren.They are usually good for a small loan now and then doesn't need to be paid back because they turn it into a gift.You respectfully listen to their advice but don't thank them politely for what they do for you,and then don't call or visit them until you need something else.And,of course,you never tell them how dear they are to you because they know how you feel about them anyway.Then all of a sudden,they are no longer there to do the things that only grandparents can do,and you find yourself wishing that you had told them what they meant to you as people and not just as grandparents.
23.What is the position of grandparents in the family according to the writer?
A.They are the most important people among family members.
B.They are the least important people among family members.
C.They are the ones at whom their children or grandchildren usually laugh.
D.They are the ones whom their children or grandchildren respect most.
24.Grandparents usually do many things except .
A.buy their grandchildren things
B.look after their grandchildren
C.let their grandchildren do things they can't do at home.
D.tell their grandchildren how dear they are to home.
25.Why don't children need to pay back the loan from their grandparents?
A.Their grandparents will forget the loan.
B.Their grandparents pay back the loan for them.
C.Their grandparents die before they have enough money to pay it back.
D.Their grandparents turn the loan into a gift.
24.Children never tell their grandparents how dear they are to them because .
A.they don't like their grandparents.
B.they take for granted everything their grandparents do for them.
C.their grandparents know how they feel
D.they do not respect their grandparents
26.How do children feel after their grandparents die?
A.They regret they didn't express their true feelings to them.
B.They feel sorry that grandparents are the least valued in the family.
C.They miss them very much because no one does the things that grandparents do.
D.They wish they had visited and called them more often.
Many American colleges permit foreign students to live in college housing or housing not owned by the university,such as an apartment.College housing is usually in a dormitory,or dorm for short.Many foreign students say that the dorms are less costly than apartments.They say dorms offer quiet study areas and areas for social activities or sports.They say dorms are close to places they go every day,like the library,computer center and classrooms.They also say that living in the room provides the best chance to get to know other students.
Dormitories may have as few as twelve students or as many as one thousand.Some dorms are organized into areas called suites.Suites have several bedrooms,a large living area and a bathroom.Six or more people may live in one suite.Other dorms have many rooms along a hallway.Two students usually live in each room.On each floor there is a large bathroom for all the students who live on that floor.Sometimes there is also a kitchen for preparing food.
In most universities ,males and females live in the same dorm.They may even live on the same floor.But they usually may not live in the same room or suite.Most universities have some dorms for men and women.
27.Where do some foreign students in American colleges prefer to live?
A.In a hotel B.In a house
C.In an apartment D.In a friend's home
28.What may be the reason for a foreign student to choose to live in a dorm?
A.It is cheaper B.It has a big living room
C.It is cleaner D.It is owned by the university
29.How many students can a dorm hold at most according to the passage?
A.Two B.six C.Twelve D.A thousand
30.One of the advantages of living in a dorm is that .
A.it is easier for the students to get in touch with other students
B.the students can go to school library every day
C.the students can use personal computers freely
D.more than two students may live in one room
31.Which of following statement is TURE according to the passage?
A.All the students in a dorm share one large bathroom
B.Students are not allowed to cook in the dorm
C.Female students and male students cannot live in the same dorm
D.Living in the dorm is helpful to develop your relation with others
Cars are an important part of life in th United States.Without a car, most people feel that they are poor.An even if a person is poor he doesn't feel really poor when he has a car.
Henry Ford was the man who first started making cars in large numbers.He probably didn't know how much the car was going to affect American culture.The car made the Unite States a nation on wheels.And it helped make the United States what it is today.
There are three main reasons the car became so popular in the United States.First of all,the country is a huge one and Americans like to move around in it.The car provides the most comfortable and cheapest form of transportation.With a car people can go any place without spending a lot of money.
The second reason cars are popular is the fact that the United States never really developed an efficient and inexpensive form of public transportation.Long-distance have never been as common in the United States as they are in other parts of the world.Nowadays,there is a good system of air-service provided by planes.But it is too expensive to be used frequently.
The third reason is the most important one,though.The American spirit of independence is what really made cars popular.Americans don't like to wait for a bus or a train or even a plane.They don't like to have to follow an exact schedule.A car gives them the freedom to schedule their own time.And this is the freedom that Americans want most to have.
The gas shortage has caused a big problem for Americans.But the answer will not be a bigger system of public transportation.The real solution will have to be a new kind of car,one that does not use so much gas.
31,When do most Americans feel they are poor?
A.When they don't have a car B.When they live in a huge country
C.When they don't planes. D.When they have a car
33.Why do cars become popular in the United States?
A.The United States is huge. B.Public transportation is not so good.
C.Americans like to be independent D.Americans like to move around
34.What public transportation is good in the United States?
A.Buses B.Trains C.Taxis D.Planes
35.What has caused a big problem for Americans?
A.A new kind of car B.Public transportation
C.The gas shortage D.Poor people
36.Which of the following is NOT mentioned according to this passage?
A.Cars have made the nation on wheels.
B.Cars have made the United States have a gas shortge
C.Nearly 80%of the American people have cars.
D.Cars have made American independent.
There is a difference between science and technology.Science is a method of answering theoretical questions;technology is a method of solving practical problem.Science has to do with the facts and relationships between observable phenomena in nature and with establishing theories that serve to organize these facts and relationships;technology has to do with tools,techniques,and procedures for implementing the finding of science.
Another distinction between science and technology has to do with the progress in each.Progress in science excludes the human factor.Scientists,who seek to comprehend the universe and know the truth with the highest degree of accuracy and certainty,cannot pay attention to their own or other people's likes or dislikes or to popular ideas about the fitness of things.What scientists discover may shock or anger people-as did Darwin's theory of evolution.But even an unpleasant truth is more than likely to be useful;besides,we have the choice of refusing to believe it!But it's hardly so with technology and we do not have the choice of refusing to hear the sonic boom produced by a supersonic aircraft flying overhead;we do not have the choice of refusing to breathe polluted air;and we do not have the choice of living in a non-atomic age.Unlike science progress,technology must be measured in terms of the human factor.The legitimate purpose of technology is to serve people in general,not merely some people;and future generantions,not merely those who presently wish to gain advantage for themselves.Technology must be humanistic if it is to lead to a better world.
37.Which of the following statements about science is NOT true?
A.Scinece provides answers to theoretical questions.
B.Scinece seeks to comprehend the universe.
C.Scinece aims to discover the inter-connections of facts and rules that explain them.
D.Scinece serves people in general and can be measured in terms of the human factor.
38.Which of the followig statements about technology is NOT true?
A.Technology provides answer to practical problems.
B.Technology seeks to establish theories based on facts.
C.Technology helps change the material world.
D.Technology has to do with new desings and ways of making the we use in our daily life.
39.According to the author,scientific theories .
A.must be strictly objective.
B.usually pay attention to people
C.should conform to popular opinions.
D.always convince everyone
39.The author states that technology itself .
A.is responsible for pollution and resource exhaustion
B.should serve those who wish to gain advantage for themselves
C.will lead to a better world if put to wise use
D.will inevitably be for bad motivation
40.The tone of the author in this passage is .
A.ironical B.critical C.factual D.arbitrary
Part 3 Cloze
Directions:There are 10 blanks in the following passage.For each blank there are 4 choices marked A,B,C and D.You should choose the ONE answer that best fits into the passage.Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Reading is pleasure of the mind,which means what it is a little like a sport:your eagerness and knowledge and quickness make you a good 41 .Reading is fun,not because the writer is telling you something,but because it makes your mind work.Your own 42 works along with the author's or even goes beyond his.Your experience,compared with his,brings you to the same or different 43 ,and your ideas develop 44 you understand his.Every book stands by itself,like a one-family house,but books in a library are like house in a city.Although they are 45 ,together they all add up to something,they are 46 with each other and with other cities.The same ideas,or 47 ones,turn up in different places;the human problems that repeat themselves in life repeat themselves in literature,but win different 48 according to different writings at different times.Books influence each other;they 49 the past,the present and the future and have their own 50 ,like families.Wherever you start reading you connect yourself with one of the families of ideas,and in the long run,you not only find out about the world and the people in it,you find out about yourself,too.
41.A.sportsman B.reader C.man D.student
42.A.imagination B.ability C.quality D.skill
43.A.results B.places C.books D.conclusions
44.A.whereas B.unless C.as D.only if
45.A.separate B.divided C.lonely D.independent
46.A.related B.connected C.charged D.developed
47.A.different B.related C.opposite D.irrelevant
48.A.answers B.measures C.methods D.solutions
49.A.head B.link C.describe D.record
50.A.offspring B.friends C.generations D.relatives
A卷：1-5：CADCD 6-10:DACAD 11-15:BDBBD 16-20:ACBAD 21-25: BDDCA
26-30: CADAD 31-35: ACDCC 36-40: DBACC 41-45 BADCA 46-50 BBDBC
B卷：1-5：AABDC 6-10:DCCBD 11-15:D.CCAD 16-20:BABBA 21-25:ACCDA 26-30:DCBDD 31-35: CABCB 36-40：DAABA 41-45：ADDBA 46-50.CADCB
My Attitude toward Private Cars
Nowadays, private cars can be seen everywhere in China as the life standard has been increasingly improved along with the economy. Several reasons are responsible for this. Owing a private car has many advantages. The greatest advantage of all is that the car gives its owners more convenience and saves them a lot of time, enables them to go where they please. People can cover long distances by car rapidly and comfortably.
However, too many private cars have caused a lot of social problems as well. The worst of all the disadvantages is the heavy traffic we face everyday. We may wait hours a day wasting our lives to struggle a way to work.
It is essential that effective measures should be taken to reduce the heavy traffic. Firstly, we should try bicycle as much as possible since it is a good way to keep fit. Then, we can share one with neighbors or relatives as much as possible when going to work or picking up children, which can also save us a lot money and time.